Buckle up my foodies because this tasty Vegetable Casserole comes with a sweet Maple Crust!
This vegetable casserole is going to be your filling and warming dish for all seasons of the year! A creamy casserole, filled with lots of veggies and seasoned with only salt and some dried rosemary – just a simple but super tasty meal!
Sweet and Salty
To top it all, I added a sweet maple crust with cornflakes. This crust adds a little something to the casserole and I really love to try out different creations like this, they really emphasize a simple dish like that.
Your healthy meal
The recipe is really easy to make and healthy too. The vegetable casserole is oil-free and vegan which makes it so great because you can have a portion of comfort food without feeling guilty afterward.
Make this your favorite dish!
You don’t really have to take the exact measurements the recipe says, if you like more tomatoes (or another one of the ingredients) then take more of them or whatever you feel like. Make this dish your favorite casserole! Give it a try and let me know what you think about the sweet crust of the casserole, I’m really curious.
If you tried this Vegetable Casserol or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our main dishes for more deliciousness!
Vegetable Casserole with a sweet Maple Crust
For the casserole
- 300 g potatoes
- 100 g leek
- 200 g broccoli
- 100 g tomatoes
- 250 ml water
- 3 tbsp rosemary chopped; dried or fresh
For the crust
- 300 g corn flakes (or spelt flakes) sugar free
- 8 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 200 ml soy or oat milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into thin slices
- Chop all of the vegetables into pieces
- Put all of the vegetables into a pan together with water, some salt and rosemary.
- Heat up the pan and cook your vegetables until they're done, don't forget to stir
- Take a casserole dish and put the cooked veggies in it
- Prepare the crust by stirring together all of the ingredients very well
- Pour the crust on top of the vegetables and spread it all over
- Bake the casserole in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 20 min. Ready!