This quinoa salad is my favorite meal during the summertime!
It is a light and refreshing dish which is easy to make. You can also refrigerate it and eat it the next day. This is also a good meal for taking with you to work or school.
This healthy salad is filled with cucumber, tomatoes, olives and has a refreshing chive-basil dressing. You can leave out the olives, if you don’t like them, or serve some avocado to your salad. The dressing originally contains vinegar, but you can replace it (or half of it) with freshly squeezed lemon juice. It’s up to you, try out different versions of this salad and make it your favorite summer meal!
This quinoa salad recipe is:
- high in protein
- filled with vitamins and minerals
I love light and refreshing salads, because during the summer heat when you never really feel the urge to have a filling meal they are my favorite dishes to eat. What are your go-to summer meals? Let me know, I’d love to hear from you!
If you tried this quinoa salad or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our main dishes for more deliciousness!
- 150 g quinoa red, white, mixed
- 300 ml water
- 1 cucumber
- 2 hands full cherry tomatoes
- 1 hand full green olives optional
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped fresh or dried
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped fresh or dried
- 20 ml olive oil
- 50 ml vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the quinoa through a sieve
- Put the quinoa together with water in a sauce pan and cook it slowly until the water is absorbed and the quinoa done
- Let it cool
- Cut the tomatoes, cucumber and olives into small pieces and put it in a bowl
- Prepare the dressing by mixing together some salt, pepper, vinegar and oil. Add the basil and chives
- Pour the dressing over the vegetable mix and stir them together
- Add the quinoa to it and stir everything together