A nourishing and comforting dish for the cold season!
Jump to Recipe
It’s actually cold outside today and I am snuggled up in my cozy hoodie. I know this cries for comforting and creamy food – that’s where this pumpkin-sweet potato soup comes in handy.
This recipe is not only easy but also vegan & healthy
The soup is seasoned with turmeric, which gives it a super good touch. I usually use a Hokkaido pumpkin, because I love this type of pumpkin so much and you don’t have to peel it. I think it’s also the creamiest pumpkin of all and therefore perfect for creamy soups and stews of all kinds.
You can always add onion to your soup or sauté it beforehand but I didn’t include that in this recipe because I love to show you an oil-free and simple one-pot meal that doesn’t need much preparation. What I do recommend you to add is a toasted piece of bread or toast that you can cut into little pieces and serve together with your soup.
Pumpkins, pumpkins and even more pumpkins! I cannot tell you how much I love this vegetable. That’s why it’s the perfect time to list all of the magic impacts this vegetable has on your body.
This super plant cannot be missed in your nourishing meals or desserts!
Here are some nutrition facts:
- it’s a nutrient-dense vegetable
- rich in vitamin C and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium (good for blood pressure) and also antioxidants (prevent damage of the cells)
- also low in calories ( about 40 calories per 100 g but that depends on the type of pumpkin you use)
- rich in beta-carotene (this is right under the peel) which the body transforms into vitamin A (which is super good for the immune systems and your eyes and also protects the cells)
Pumpkin-Sweet Potato Soup
- 700 g pumpkin I used a Hokkaido pumpkin
- 300 g sweet potato
- 300 g potato
- 1,5 l water
- 2 tsp turmeric
- Peel all of the potatoes and the pumpkin (if you use a Hokkaido you don't have to peel it)
- Cut the potatoes and pumpkin into chunks
- Put them together with water, turmeric and some salt into a pot
- Bring it to a boil
- Let it cook until the vegetables are done
- Purée the soup with a hand blender and season to taste
- You can add some toasted bread or toast on top
If you tried this pumpkin-sweet potato soup or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our soup and stews for more deliciousness!