Another healthy fall dessert for your cravings!
I definitely am and to be honest, I can’t get enough! This pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe is another proof for that. And also a great way to show that pumpkins fit into any recipe. Really, there is no recipe that comes to my mind right now (I’m sure there are some but I am in pumpkin heaven so we’ll have to come back to that later).
Most of us don’t know this, but the pumpkin is a very diverse vegetable!
Recently my grandpa made us a minestrone (Italian soup) and even there was pumpkin hidden! Now back to these muffins, they are super soft and I also recommend you to eat them when they are still warm because only then you can enjoy the chocolate chips when they are still molten. For me, this is the best part about baking, are you with me? 🙂
The recipe for these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins is healthy because I only sweetened the batter with a little bit of maple syrup. The chocolate chips are sweet too so I really did not go full on the syrup. Of course, you can skip the chocolate chips if you are not a chocolate-lover, that’s totally fine, just add a bit more of the maple syrup. There is also just a teeny bit of oil in the recipe, I could replace most of it with the pumpkin purée. The muffins are also vegan, easy and filled with lots of incredible autumn spices!
If you tried this pumpkin chocolate chip muffins or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our sweet treats for more deliciousness!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 150 g spelt flour wholegrain
- 50 g rolled oats
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla aroma
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp cloves ground
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 tbsp pumpkin purée no added sugar or fat
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150 ml water
- 100 g chocolate chips semi sweet or with at least 50% cocoa
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together into a bowl
- Mix all of the wet ingredients together into a separate bowl
- Now add both of the ingredient mixes together, stir well
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter
- Fill the batter into a greased muffin baking pan
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 15 minutes