These healthier and no-bake peanut butter protein bars are not only your sweet treat but can also be enjoyed as breakfast bars!
The recipe is really easy to make – there is no baking of any sort needed. I really hat to give some contrast to this creamy peanut butter batch and this is why I topped these bars with lots of chocolate. Of course, you can skip the chocolate to make them even more healthy.
The recipe is vegan too and I also added some cranberries to the recipe which gives a little sour and sweet taste to the bars. And YES you actually can eat them for breakfast too! This is the thing that I love the most about these protein bars, you can eat chocolate already in the morning. For me, this is a real mood booster for kicking off my day.
These incredible peanuts cannot go unnoticed!
Here are some peanut facts:
- high in protein and minerals like magnesium, iron and calcium
- good source of vitamin E (which is good for your hair and skin)
- also rich in energy (567 calories per 100 g)
A hand full of peanuts should be enough for the day as they contain lots of (good) fats too! And also remember to only use natural peanut butter, because they are free of extra added fat and sugar.
If you tried these protein bars or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram #theberrycat. We love to meet you and see your incredible creations!
Don’t forget to check out our sweet treats for more deliciousness!
Vegan Protein Bars
- 100 g rolled oats
- 40 g cranberries
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g peanut butter natural
- 100 ml water
- 130 g cooking chocolate or cuverture
- Mix rolled oats with cranberries and salt
- Now add water and peanut butter and stir very well
- Pour and/or press the mixture in a squared pan
- Melt the chocolate and pour it over the batch
- Put the bars for 20 min in the freezer or for two hours in the fridge
- Cut some squared bars with a knife