Your healthy and vegan breakfast!
This is a whole new recipe that I have never tried out before – mini cookie cereal! I always like to start the day with a healthy and nourishing breakfast and as a child, I used to love these chocolate cereals which are loaded with sugar and white flour. And I really do like to eat cereals, but I cannot do that while knowing how much sugar I consume by just eating one bowl. Why not make your own healthier version of these cereals?
I know, even I can’t eat my healthy oatmeal every single day for the rest of my life. That’s why it is so cool to try out new things which are healthy too but taste so different and provide you with something new and fresh in the morning. This is the perfect compromise you can make if you are up for a sweet and crispy cereal instead of your usual oatmeal.
So for this mini cookie cereal:
- I used whole grain flour (you can use wheat or
- I reduced sugar and also used birch sugar (low in calories)
- they are vegan too
- and also oil-free
Enjoy your mini cookie cereals not only for breakfast but also as a snack or dessert in the afternoon. Eat them with soy or oat milk or without any milk at all (this works for me especially well).
You can always add more or less chocolate chips to them, or replace the chocolate with one tablespoon of cocoa powder. Find out for yourself how you love it the most!
If you tried this mini cookie cereal or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our breakfast and pastries for more deliciousness!
Mini Cookie Cereal
- 150 g wheat flour wholegrain
- 50 g birch sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150 ml oat or soy milk
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 60 g cooking chocolate
- Mix together all of the ingredients into a bowl (except for the chocolate). Stir very well.
- Chop the chocolate into really really tiny pieces, because if they are too big, they won't really fit into these tiny cookies.
- Now add the chocolate to your batter and put it into a pastry bag (or a freezer bag).
- Cut off a piece of the end from the bag and place little dots on a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake your cookies in a preheated oven at 200 °C for 8 min, but be very careful and have an eye on those cookies because they tend to burn easily!