Quick, easy, plant-based and delicious! Sounds too good to be true, right?
This Mediterranean one-pot pasta recipe is my top favorite when it comes to easy and quick meals. I love those recipes where all you have to do is just throw some ingredients into a pot, turn on the stove and let it cook gently. It’s so easy, there is really not much to do, and it’s as tasty as any other meal that requires more effort. Especially during weekdays, such one-pot pasta recipes come in quite handy! You can take this Mediterranean one-pot pasta with you at work or freeze it and enjoy later on.
Your healthy dish
This Mediterranean one-pot pasta recipe is healthy because it contains lots of vegetables and instead of pouring heavy cream into the pot, I used oat milk. The result is a creamy and plant-based dish! The pasta also contains all the good Mediterranean spices like oregano, sage, and paprika. Whenever I make pasta I have to try out different spice-combinations, and this one really convinced me.
If you tried this
Don’t forget to check out our main dishes for more deliciousness!
Mediterranean One-Pot Pasta
- 200 g leek
- 300 g (red) bell pepper
- 150 g button mushrooms
- 250 g tomatoes
- 500 g spaghetti wholegrain
- 900 ml water
- 300 ml soy or oat milk
- salt & pepper season to taste
- 3 tbsp sage dried, frozen or fresh; ground or chopped
- 5 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp oregano dried, frozen or fresh; ground
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp corn starch + 100 ml water set aside
- Cut the vegetables into chunks
- Put the vegetables, spaghetti, water and oat milk into one pot
- Bring the liquid with the ingredients to a boil
- Turn down the heat and gently let the pasta and veggies cook
- Keep stirring every here and then
- Add salt & pepper, sage, paprika, oregano and lemon juice to the pot and stir
- Now mix the corn starch very well with the water, there should not be any lumps
- Add the mix to the pot and stirn it in quickly
- Again, bring the liquid to a boil and keep stirring
- Once the liquid has boiled, turn down the heat
- When the spaghetti and veggies are done you're ready to enjoy!