Another great Winter Treat!
Do you love gingerbread spice as much as I do? And what about gingerbread combined with cake? Sounds like heaven, right?
This super moist and divine gingerbread bundt cake is really easy to make, vegan and healthier too. The taste of gingerbread spice is really intense and perfect for a winter dessert. I really love baking something different this time around. This makes Christmas season so exciting, to bake all those amazing treats that you only get to make during the holiday season.
Healthy bundt cake
This gingerbread bundt cake is mostly sugar-free, I just added a little bit of maple syrup to give it a little extra flavor. The recipe also contains less fat and some apple sauce as a replacement. You only need one bowl to make this cake, just simply put one ingredient after another into the bowl and stir every time.
If you don’t have a bund cake baking dish, don’t worry you can use a simple rectangular baking dish as well. The form doesn’t matter, it’s the flavor that makes this cake amazing!
About the spice…
I cannot stop saying this but if you use a self-made gingerbread spice your cake will thank you! I think it is just so rewarding to use as many homemade ingredients as possible when baking. And luckily, I have an amazing and super easy recipe for you on how to make your own gingerbread spice mix. Give it a try!
If you tried this gingerbread bundt cake or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our sweet treats for more deliciousness!
Gingerbread Bundt Cake
- 200 g wheat flour whole grain
- 50 g soy flour or sweet lupine flour
- 15 g cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tbsp gingerbread spice
- 60 g birch sugar or xylitol
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 150 ml oat or soy milk
- 150 g apple sauce unsweetened
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 150 ml water
- Put the ingredients one after another into one bowl and stir every here and then
- Make sure that all ingredients are well combined
- Pour the dough into a greased bundt cake baking pan
- Bake the bundt cake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes
- Spread some powdered sugar on top of the cooled cake (sift it through a sieve)