How about some cookies of a different kind? I’m a total coffee lover and so I didn’t have to think long about how to turn this drink into a dessert. Even better, Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies! The slightly crispy and chocolatey biscuits are the ideal dessert if you want something sweet but healthy and vegan.
I don’t eat coffee cookies every day, but after developing this recipe, I can imagine making it an integral part of my baking routine.
Create an intense and authentic coffee aroma
In order to taste the espresso strongly in the cookies, I used an instant (espresso) coffee powder. Other than with freshly brewed coffee, the tart coffee aroma comes into play much better here. When buying the powder, you should really make sure that there is no milk powder or any kind of sweetener in the coffee powder.
Easy, one-bowl recipe
The vegan espresso chocolate chip cookies are super easy to bake. All you have to do it to first dissolve the instant espresso powder in the plant milk, mix in the oil and then add the remaining “dry” ingredients such as flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, and sugar. The vegan chocolate chips are added at the end (use vegan chocolate chips with at least 60% cocoa share). With wet hands, you then form balls that you gently flatten on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. After about 15-20 minutes in the oven (depending on how crispy you would like the cookies to be) your Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies are ready.
Your healthier treat
These coffee cookies generally contain less oil than conventional recipes. I also used less sugar because the chocolate chips also contain sugar and I think that the end product is sweet enough. In almost all recipes I always use wholemeal flour, because it is much more valuable and rich in fiber because the shell of the grain is still preserved. It is up to you whether you use whole grain flour for the cookies 🙂
How about another chocolate chip dessert? Here I can warmly recommend our Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. The recipe is vegan and super easy to bake 🙂
Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 200 ml plant milk soy or oat milk
- 25 g instant coffee powder Espresso
- 50 ml vegetable oil sunflower or rapeseed (cold-pressed)
- 250 g wheat flour wholegrain
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 50 g raw cane sugar
- 100 g chocolate chips (at least 60% cocoa share) vegan
- First, dissolve the espresso instant coffee powder in the cold plant milk, then stir in the oil.
- Then mix in all the remaining ingredients such as flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, and sugar.
- Finally, all you have to do is stir in the chocolate chips.
- With wet hands, form medium-sized balls that you gently flatten on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 15-20 minutes. Bake them for 20 minutes if you want crispier cookies (but keep an eye on the cookies).
If you tried these Espresso Chocolate Chip or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!