The perfect cake for any occasion (updated recipe)
This chocolate pear cake is not only perfect for birthdays or any other celebrations but it’s also great for when you’re expecting visitors or want to treat your colleagues at work or school to something delicious.
I tried to keep it as simple and easy as possible which is why this cake, again ended up as being a one-bowl reicpe. I really love these kinds of recipes, because all you need is one bowl and something like a cooking spoon to stir together the ingredients.
Make it oil-free or use any other type of sugar!
This chocolate pear cake is not only vegan but sugar-free as well. You actually don’t have to make it that healthy, if you don’t want to. You can use any type of sweetener, such as agave syrup, raw cane sugar or coconut blossom sugar.
If you want to make an oil-free cake, then go ahead and replace the oil with even more nuts. If you have a nut allergy then replace the nuts with some more flour and add a little more oil to the batter.
Some info about the batter
When you prepare the cake you might notice that the batter is quite firm and sticky. This is because more liquid will come in when you add the pear and bake the cake in the oven. This process makes the pear release water which also makes the cake moist. Cakes like this one usually take some time to bake in the oven, that’s why you need to be patient and give it around 50 minutes to bake.
Want more moist cakes like that? How about a vegan carrot cake? Check out the recipe here.
Chocolate Pear Cake
- 250 g spelt flour or wheat flour wholegrain
- 80 g birch sugar
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 50 g hazelnut, ground or almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 50 ml sunflower oil or rapeseed oil cold pressed
- 200 ml plant milk soy or oat
- 150 ml water
- 1 big pear about 380g
- Mix all the "dry ingredients" like flour, cocoa powder, nuts, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon together in one bowl.
- Add oil, plant milk, water and stir very well.
- Now wash, core and cut the pear into pieces.
- Stir the cake pieces into the batter.
- Take a greased loaf baking pan (or lay out the pan with baking paper instead) and pour in the batter.
- Bake the cake for about 50 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 °C.
If you tried this chocolate pear cake or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!