Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins – Your chocolatey & fruity delight!
You can never be wrong with a simple yet so delicious muffin, can you? As for me, I love the combination of chocolate and bananas. There was a time in my life when I would take some cooking chocolate, melt it in the microwave and dip a banana into it. These muffins are created in honor of this time and to actually have a “real” dessert at hand that you can share with your loved ones (or eat them all by yourself :)).
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are a great dessert for any occasion. Enjoying them on a picnic comes to mind now that spring is about to arrive in my hometown. They are also a really cool treat for your kid’s lunch box. Actually there is no occasion that wouldn’t call for muffins, right?
This muffin recipe is a bit of a healthier treat
Whenever I add chocolate chips to any of my desserts I really try to tone the other sweeteners down. As bananas are naturally high in sugar and provide enough sweetness already, I only added a few tablespoons of agave syrup to the batter. Another thing I like to do is adding less oil especially when there is fruit involved in the recipe. Bananas and apple sauce are great oil replacements and since the muffins contain quite a lot of bananas I thought this would be a great opportunity to make the batter healthier. Most of the time (actually almost always) people won’t even notice if you added only half of the amount of fat to your batter.
The most simple of the simple recipes
These vegan and one-bowl chocolate chip banana muffins are so easy to bake which makes them perfect for a baking session with kids! I usually start by pureeing the bananas then I add all the wet ingredients like oil, plant milk and agave syrup. You can also mash the bananas beforehand with a fork. Then simply stir in the rest of the ingredients (chocolate chips at the end). What I also like to do is to set a hand full of choco chips aside and spread them on the muffins before they go into the oven.
How about another great banana chocolate dessert? Maybe these banana chocolate cupcakes turn out to be your favorite dessert? Give this vegan treats a try 🙂
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 2 medium bananas overripe
- 250 ml plant milk soy or oat
- 50 ml vegetable oil sunflower or coconut
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 200 g wheat flour wholegrain
- 150 g chocolate chips, vegan
- First, put the bananas in a bowl and purée them with a hand blender or mash them with a fork until you have a smooth texture
- Then add plant milk, oil and agave syrup to the bananas and stir very well with an egg beater
- Now put baking powder, baking soda and flour to the batter and mix the ingredients together
- At last, add the chocolate chips and stir them into the batter
- Take a greased muffin baking dish or muffin paper forms and fill each mold or form with about 3-4 tbsp of the batter
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 15 minutes.
If you tried these chocolate chip banana muffins or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our sweet treats for more deliciousness!