Jump to recipe
Here we are with a nourishing recipe where you can enjoy chocolate for breakfast! With these chocolate apple pancakes – How cool is this?
This wonderful recipe will ultimately bring sunshine into your day. These pancakes are vegan and healthy too – perfect for a Sunday breakfast or brunch.
Did you know that cooking pancakes without any eggs can be that easy? There are so many substitutes like flaxseeds, lupine or soy flour that won’t even make you realize the absence of eggs. Vegan breakfasts really are a great way to nourish your body, especially when you need a good breakfast to get you through the day.
These chocolate apple pancakes are oil-free too! When you bake something you can always substitute at least half of the fat with apple sauce or banana. Here in this pancake recipe, you’ll find grated apple which makes them super moist, you won’t need any fat for the dough at all.
When your pancakes are ready, pour some maple or agave syrup on top of them! I reduced the amount of sugar in this recipe so you can pour some of this delightfulness on top of your pancakes.
If you tried these chocolate apple pancakes or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our breakfast and pastries for more deliciousness!
Chocolate Apple Pancakes
- 1 Apple
- 2 tbsp Agave Syrup
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 150 ml soy or oat milk
- 100 g wheat flour wholegrain
- 2 tbsp lupine flour or ground lupine
- Mix all of the ingredients one after another together in a bowl.
- Whisk them very well.
- Heat the pan and put some coconut oil (2 tbsp) in it.
- Put the dough (2 tbsp full of dough = 1 pancake) in your heated pan and bake your pancakes on low heat.
- Put a lid on top of the pan, so the pancakes get even fluffier.