Your easy and quick breakfast – for a healthy and nurturing start in the day!
I came up with this recipe a few days ago when I desired something sweet and fruity but also quick and easy. When I saw the huge amount of apples piling up in our kitchen I knew exactly what to do.
These vegan apple bars are perfect for breakfast because instead of flour I used shredded rolled oats. This is something like my usual oatmeal in just another form, to simply enjoy something different every now and then. I ate the leftovers in the afternoon as a little snack, I couldn’t wait
Apples and Raisins – the perfect fit
Are you a raisin lover like me? I think apples and raisins taste so great together! Throw some oats to them and you can have your classic oatmeal. But sometimes even I get tired of my daily oatmeal and that’s why I created these breakfast apple bars. We all need a little variety with our morning meals. If you don’t like raisins at all, simply replace them by any dried fruit of your choice. If you don’t like any dried fruit either you can still add some more agave syrup instead.
Some additional tips
Instead of rolled
A little overview of these breakfast apple bars
- they are your healthy breakfast
- the recipe is super easy and quickly made
- these bars are healthy, oil-free and vegan too
- enjoy the bars not only in the morning but also as your (afternoon) snack
- spread some shredded coconut on top of them (this tastes really good)
If you tried these breakfast apple bars or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our breakfast and pastries for more deliciousness!
Apple Breakfast Bars
- 150 g rolled oats
- 50 g wheat flour whole grain
- 2 apples
- 100 ml oat milk
- 60 g raisins
- 4 tbsp soy flour or lupine flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp agave syrup or maple syrup
- Shred the rolled oats in a food processor
- Put the oats in a bowl and add flour, raisins, soy flour, cinnamon and baking powder
- Stir very good
- Grate the apples and add them to the oat mix
- Pour milk and agave syrup into the bowl and mix them together
- Spread the batter in a squared baking pan covered with baking paper
- Bake the bars for 15 min at 180 °C in a preheated oven