The quick and easy way of making lasagna!
Have you ever heard of lasagna soup before? I was browsing through the internet in search of something new when I stumbled upon something called lasagna soup. I knew that this was a great idea for my next recipe.
Lasagna soup is actually not really a soup but more like a hotpot. But I guess it depends on how much liquid you put into the pot. As I like it when all the liquid is soaked up (yes I also love that with soups, the more noodles the better the soup) I added not that much liquid into this recipe. As always feel free to experiment and add more water if you wish.
One-Pot Dish: easy & vegan
For all of us lazy people, who would love to enjoy a lasagna dish but don’t like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen this recipe is the real deal! This recipe is simple: take the ingredients, chop them into pieces and put them into a pot; season it and add herbs as well as lasagna sheets. Ready! The recipe for this lasagna soup is vegan and easy too. Make it healthier by adding whole wheat lasagna sheets, I am still trying to figure out where to buy them as my local supermarkets don’t sell them.
The vegetables I used for this recipe are onions, celeriac, carrots, and lentils. The lentils are meat replacement, but you can also use soy granules or beans instead. The idea behind this lasagna soup is to make a vegan version of a lasagna bolognese, just a bit differently. Feel free to add other vegetables like eggplant, pepper or zucchini.
The lasagna soup by Ela Vegan inspired me the most for this recipe, you have to check it out 🙂
- 100 g onions
- 100 g celeriac
- 200 g carrots
- 700 ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth
- 400 g tomatoes
- salt & pepper season to taste
- 2 tbsp oregano chopped; fresh, dried or frozen
- 2 tbsp basil chopped; fresh, dried or frozen
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 10 pieces lasagna sheets pre-cooked
- 200 g lentils cooked and drained
- 40 ml olive oil
- Peel onions and celeriac
- Cut the onions into small pieces and grate carrots and celeriac (or chop them into very small pieces)
- Sauté the onions in a pot
- Add carrots and celeriac as well as vegetable broth and stir
- Pour water into the pot and let it cook for a while
- Chop the tomatoes into pieces and add them to the pot
- Now add salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, oregano and basil and stir very well
- Before you add the lasagna sheets, break them into smaller pieces. Stir them into your soup and let it cook until done
- When all the vegetables and lasagna sheets are done, add the lentils
If you tried this Lasagna Soup or any other recipe on the blog, please let us know how you liked it and leave a comment or rating below! We also love to connect with you on Instagram or Pinterest. We love to meet you!
Don’t forget to check out our main dishes for more deliciousness!